Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Top 10 Reasons To Work From Home

I love the old adage that you work a 9-5 job. The reality is that there are very few jobs that actually work from 9-5. Most jobs are 8-5. Which means if you have kids, you drop them off at 7:30 and don’t pick them up until 5:30. That is 10 hours in a day care per day or 50 hours a week. If you don’t have kids, that means that you are away from your home and not doing what you want to do for at least 9.5 hours a day or 47.5 hours a week. Anybody get paid for all those hours? I never did. I only got paid for 40 hours when I worked full time.

Thankfully it has been years since I have had to put in a full 40 hour week somewhere besides my couch. I love working from my couch. This week, my daughter has been extremely sick. She has been in the ER and the DR office. It reminds me of the advantages of not having to work outside the home full time. Here are my top 10 favorite reasons to work from home.

  1. You set your own hours.
  2. You don't have to worry about how much vacation time you have.
  3. You never have to call in sick.
  4. You never have to worry about getting in trouble for missing a deadline.
  5. Your vacation time doesn't revolve around others schedules.
  6. You don't have to worry about whether you can stay home with sick kids.
  7. You get to work from your couch and in your PJ's if you want.
  8. You get paid for the effort you put into the job.
  9. You actually like your boss.
  10. You can make all your kids school and extra curricular activities on your schedule.
There are so many reason why working from home with a home based business is the ideal job. I love what I do and I would love to share it with you. Just ask me how you too can stay home and save money on commutes, eating out for lunch, and a stuffy wardrobe by working from home. I love being a stay at home mom. My kids do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment